...to make a difference...
We regularly host groups. We provide schools, youth groups and university groups with community service programmes. We have also hosted indigenous group leaders in training programmes.
We work with you to customise programs to provide:
- community service hours for school groups, with our reef rehabilitation work and building facilities for Les village
- education in marine and conservation, learning to scuba and free dive
- cultural immersion programs, living in a simple village amongst villagers, exchanging skills with the locals such as dancing, singing, cooking, and language.
We can accomodate groups up to 33 comfortably in our villas and dorm rooms. We also welcome group camping and have successfully supported camping expeditions where we provide washing facilities and food.
Examples of our group programmes include:
- our annual STARR coral monitoring and planting expedition, led by marine biologists from National University of Singapore
- reef rebuilding with snorkel or diving
- fund-raising and building a computer literacy centre and programme for the local schools
- fund-raising and building playground facilities for a local kindergarten
- teaching programme in a local school using the local schools curriculum, fostering cultural and language interchange between the volunteers, the students and the local teachers
- open water scuba certification
- working with local community groups to build with ecobricks recycled from plastic bottles
- garbage and plastics cleanups, plastic sorting in the local recycling centre, marine debris survey
- adult mentoring in English, training local saltfarmers, fishermen and housewives
- farming days in the famous Balinese rice terraces in Jatiluwih
- workshops training visiting indigenous groups on reef rebuilding and marine ecotourism
More photos of schools and universities at Les in our Photo Gallery.
Contact us to inquire about a customised itinerary.